Sunday 17 May 2015

How you could be cheated while building a gate

So you call in a welder and describe the type and design of gate you want, but the detail is in the type of metals used to build the gate. There are many types of flat sheets, checkered plates, square pipes and rods, plus other different materials for building a gate. Your welder can exploit your limited knowledge if he is sure you don't know the difference. What they do is to promise to use thicker gauge plates and pipes to build your gate, but end up using lighter gauge materials. If they promise you 2.5mm plates, they may use 1.5mm plates in the end. Same for pipes and rods. In the end the gate ends up lighter and less sturdy than what you planned for, and your welder ends up richer.

2 comments:

  1. Dear SpyderKenn,

    I must say that I'm impressed by your work and I will so much love to learn so many things from you. I'm an unemployed Metallurgical and Materials Engineering graduate looking to ply my trade in welding.

    Having followed you all the way from Nairaland to your blog. I pray I end up leaving with vast knowledge on Metallic products.

    Hoping you will be able to tutor me online, via any means possible and provide me with pictures on how to go about starting up a weld shop. My business location will be Benin.

    I will send you a PM via Nairaland.

    God bless you and your works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please call me on 08033350750 this week, remind me of your comment here. Welcome.

      Delete

Cost of a set of chairs in Enugu 2024

If you are looking to furnish your home, follow us as we bring you the current cost of well built furniture and home equipment as at now. We...