Friday 22 May 2015

The UPDC roofing sheets

The unplasticized roofing sheets has just arrived Nigeria as a new addition to our roofing materials available in the market. But how good an alternative are these roofing sheets and what are their advantages over the existing roofing systems, finally, the bottom line, what is the price? According to wikipedia, upvc are already being used in building projects across the world, but this is the first time I am seeing upvc being used as a roofing material. The promoters made me to understand that this product is better than the stone coated sheets because the water running off this roofing sheet is drinkable, since the material used here are the same used in many household wares. He is assuring users of at least 30 years guarantee for the product and is ready to supply across the nation. The unit price is currently N3,200 for each square meter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_chloride

7 comments:

  1. If PVC roofing sheets can last long in our very hot climate and its cheaper, then it's a welcome addition to our building materials.
    My fear is that nobody knows how long the plastic roofs can last in a typical hot Nigerian environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your concern, but I took this young man to task so he can explain every doubtful point. He was of the opinion that the feared heat is a non issue as plastics cannot transmit heat from the sun below a surface?
    I think I need to conduct an experiment on that. They are trying to roof a small portion in front of their office as a sample for all to see.
    I will go and have a look when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi can I have ur number PLEASE

      Delete
    2. Hi can I have ur number PLEASE

      Delete
    3. You can reach me on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk or tigerkenn@gmail.com , call 08033350750 or 07081821271. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. You are welcome Joe, but do you handle jobs in Africa, Nigeria to be precise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.
    roofing contractor Nashville

    ReplyDelete

Cost of a set of chairs in Enugu 2024

If you are looking to furnish your home, follow us as we bring you the current cost of well built furniture and home equipment as at now. We...