Wednesday 23 October 2024

My experience with a stone chippings supplier at a building site.

Stone chippings madness.

And so I asked a supplier to bring a trip of chippings to my site, we agreed on a full truck of 10 tons average. The truck driver refused to give me his location or travel progress from the onset, only to reach the site and start calling me that he is ready to offload. I quickly told him to wait till I can get someone to verify the quantity and size of his load. In less than a minute, he has tipped his truck and is ready to leave, asking for his balance of about N20,000.

The driver called me and wanted to take his pay immediately, I told him that this wasn't the agreement I had with the supplier, and he went berserk, preventing workers from working and causing obstruction of work flow. On phone, I asked all workers to go about their work and allow him be. So the driver ordered his boys to start manually throwing the chippings back into his truck, and if he moves with this load, he says he will never refund the earlier N80,000 I paid as advance for the chippings.

At that point I asked workers in the site to prevent him from moving my chippings, see trouble, a fight quickly broke out and the community gathered, it took the intervention of the community youths leadership to settle the matter. The driver was blamed for offloading without confirmation and I was asked to reduce his balance by N5,000.

Lesson learned, always deal with those you can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cost of a set of chairs in Enugu 2024

If you are looking to furnish your home, follow us as we bring you the current cost of well built furniture and home equipment as at now. We...